Ragamuffin Cooking Club

Friday, March 28, 2008

April gathering

The 30th gathering of the Ragamuffin Cooking Club is hereby announced!

Theme: Fast Food Favorites Recreated!

Date & Time: Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 6:30pm

Place: Chad & Karen's

We need signups for the following:
  • Your favorite fast food
  • Your favorite fast food
  • Your favorite fast food
  • Your favorite fast food
  • Your favorite fast food
  • Your favorite fast food
  • etc.

This time we want you to pick one of your favorite fast food items and recreate it at home! Because this might be a hodge-podge of items, just make enough for everyone to sample - not an entire serving for everyone. So if a dozen people will be there, maybe you'll make 4-6 hamburgers and cut them in half or thirds.

Your food might be something you can find a recipe for online, or it might be something you have to make up on your own....

It's going to be important for everyone to post their food item in the comments so that we can get a feel for what people are bringing. If we can get a variety of items, that would be great. (You know, if someone wants to make french fries as a side and someone else wants to make vanilla cokes as drinks, that would be cool. Otherwise we might all be eating entrees. But it's really up to you!)

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Karen, at 4/01/2008 9:44 AM  

  • If I can't recreate the gloriousness that is a McGriddle, I'll make french fries. I have had some success with that in the past. Plus, I can show off my mandoline slicer, which is both dangerous and fun.

    Phil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/02/2008 9:37 AM  

  • I'm going to make apple chimi's from applebee's, and it's going to be a thousand times better than Phil's.

    --Rose

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2008 9:51 PM  

  • well, i appreciate that at least you intend to bring your a-game.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2008 9:51 PM  

  • FYI: Phil wrote his post, my post and then a response to my post....some one needs a real hobby

    -Rose (for real this time)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2008 9:52 PM  

  • My kid's birthday party is also on Saturday, so I wanted to take it easy. I just wanted to do drinks. I can also bring paper goods(plates, napkins, etc.)

    Amanda

    By Blogger Amanda, at 4/04/2008 1:01 AM  

  • Well, after talking to Phil and since he'll have the oil ready at the house, I'm going for a bloomin' onion.
    Justin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/04/2008 8:49 AM  

  • Phil, if you can't make a McGriddle then I want to make McD's bacon egg and cheese biscuits, so let me know when you decide. :)

    If I don't make that, then I might make taco bell gorditas... I'll just need to find a caulk gun for the sour cream...

    By Blogger Karen, at 4/04/2008 11:09 AM  

  • We will bring Blizzards.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/10/2008 5:41 PM  

  • Karen--just make the biscuits anyway. I'm committing myself to McGriddles; however, they could quite possibly be a huge failure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/11/2008 9:21 AM  

  • I will make my favorite Chicken McNuggets with sweet and sour sauce...Phil, if you made the fries we could have a full #9 off the value menu.

    katie

    By Blogger Katie, at 4/16/2008 4:03 PM  

  • Hi,
    I am new to this club.
    WE are JAson and Austina and would love to join this club: we heard from kate.

    We are thinking of bring PESTO +pasta. It is considered fast italian food in Atlanta, GA.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/16/2008 4:42 PM  

  • Michael and I enjoy pizza. Pizza Hut or Papa Murphy's is probably the closest we can copy. We will do personal pizzas with our own flair. Yum!

    Toni :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/17/2008 12:43 PM  

  • I am bringing fast food from a far-off land called 'New Jersey'..

    youse guys ready?

    The sandwich is called a 'Fat Darrell'.
    It is crinkle cut french fries, fried chicken strips and fried mozzarella sticks all covered in marinara sauce and served on hearty bread.

    take that, arteries!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/17/2008 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home