Ragamuffin Cooking Club

Monday, February 13, 2006

Deliziosi!

YUM! I have to say that I'm a HUGE Italian food fan. I'm super-thrilled to be married to someone who's part Italian, since I hail from more Brit-German heritage (and German is probably my least favorite food style)... it has awakened my love for Italian food. And we had some awesome food this time around:
  • Bread & olive oil w/ spices, coffee and good music from Kristi and guests Jessica & Chin-Chin
  • Italian salad from Heather (ingredients: italian greens mix, quartered Roma tomatoes, chopped walnuts, fresh grated parmesan cheese)
  • Chicken Saltimbocca from Phil & Rose
  • Rigatoni with homemade pesto from Jonathan & Jill
  • Sangria (with Triple Sec, not Grand Marnier) from Chad & Karen
  • 2 liters from Toni
  • Tiramisu from Kristi

I think everyone had a fantastic time. We really enjoyed having a couple new guests and a change of scene, although we did miss a few friends who couldn't join us. We also chatted about mixing up the "format" of the group for next time - it may not work, but it's worth a try! I'll make a new post to explain and get sign-ups.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the link regarding the 2-liters. Those were excellent, and I was uncertain where I could get them.

    --Phil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home