Ragamuffin Cooking Club

Thursday, August 31, 2006

September gathering

The 11th Ragamuffin Cooking Club gathering is hereby announced!!

This time we will hopefully have some new faces joining our group in place of some good friends who have moved on to other adventures. Now, for a bit of international flair to the cooking club:

Theme: La cuisine de français (French cuisine)

Date & Time: Saturday, September 16th, 6:30pm UPDATED! Saturday, September 23rd, 6:30pm

Place: Chad & Karen's

We need signups for the following:
  • Appetizer / soup / salad - tentative, appetizer from Jess (if she can come the 23rd)
  • Main Dish - Coq au Vin from Phil & Rose
  • Side Dish 1 - Pumpkin Soufflé from Heather
  • Side Dish 2 - Pommes de Terre puree a l'ail et l'oignon from Rachel
  • Non-alcoholic drinks - sodas from Jill & Jonathan (w/ baby!)
  • Wine / cocktails - red wine from Michelle
  • Dessert - Crèpes from Chad & Karen
  • Plates (we have enough cups) -
  • Plastic silverware -

Need l'inspiration? The Food Network has about 51 French recipes to choose from. If you're feeling daring and want to read recipes IN French, you can search the French Food and Cook site. Of course you can always swing by the library and pick up a copy of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking if you're feeling daring. And maybe Phil could offer some good suggestions on this one. :)

10 Comments:

  • Dibs on the main dish! I don't know what yet, I just hate getting beaten to the good stuff, then I always end up bringing napkins or something boring. I'll post later what I'm bringing so people can consider what side dishes might work best. It'll probably be coq au vin, though.

    Phil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2006 4:02 PM  

  • Chad and I will handle the dessert! I think we're going to be daring and attempt crèpes....

    By Blogger Karen, at 9/01/2006 11:05 AM  

  • I'm going to attempt a souffle, I think. Since it's fall, I might go with a pumpkin souffle recipe I recently came across. Wish me luck!

    Heather

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/07/2006 11:24 AM  

  • Toni said she can't be there this time, and Michael may or may not be able to... Michael?

    Also, Michael & Rebekah will join us in October but can't be here this month.

    By Blogger Karen, at 9/08/2006 11:53 AM  

  • OK, sign me up for an appitizer. Can't say what it will be though!

    By Blogger TENN, at 9/10/2006 8:26 PM  

  • Yeah, it will be coq au vin, chicken braised in red wine, for anyone who's thinking about bringing wine

    Phil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 10:43 AM  

  • I vill bring ze vino..

    Hopefully I (and by I, I mean, of course, the people at ze barn de liquor) will do well and pick something to complement the very delicious-sounding coq au vin from Mr. Phil.

    See you all there..
    Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 3:07 PM  

  • Rachel said she can't be here this time but will see us in October!

    And as I said in my email, J&J had their baby so we probably won't see them this weekend.

    By Blogger Karen, at 9/11/2006 3:11 PM  

  • Rachel will be bringing Pommes de Terre puree a l'ail et l'oignon on Saturday 9/23!

    By Blogger Karen, at 9/19/2006 8:58 AM  

  • aha! Jill and Jonathan WILL be there this weekend 9/23 with Brooklyn in tow, and will bring 2-liters! Hooray!

    Also, since Michael & Rebekah cannot come this time, Michelle might be bringing 2 guests this time around to join us.

    By Blogger Karen, at 9/19/2006 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home