Ragamuffin Cooking Club

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Desserts and a surprise!

Well, we pulled it off! Jill and Jonathan were surprised to arrive at the RCC to find not only a festive dessert gathering, but a surprise baby shower! We had a few of their friends join us for the fun, and overall I think it was a blast. Chad and I have been dealing with a lot of stress lately, and it just reminded me of the great community we've found with our cooking friends... it was so refreshing to spend time with everyone!

In addition to baby gifts, food-wise we feasted on a dessert-a-palooza:
  • homemade eclairs from Phil & Rose (I will email recipe since I can't post a document)
  • individual banana cream pudding tarts from Michael & Toni
  • ice cream sandwich / turtle dessert from Jonathan & Jill
  • peanut butter cake from Heather
  • champagne and sherbet from Heidi & Kristi
  • 2 liters from Michelle
  • (non-homemade) derby pie from Chad & Karen

YUM. If this is any sign of the cookie swap to come this fall, I'm getting even more excited! Stay tuned for pictures and a sign-up for the next club: French food! La cuisine de français!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home