Ragamuffin Cooking Club

Monday, March 20, 2006

April Gathering

The 6th Ragamuffin Cooking Club gathering is hereby announced!!

Theme: Asian Fusion
Let's do a Japanese/Chinese/Vietnamese/Thai blend for this one! (No Indian food, leave that for another time.)

Date & Time: Saturday, April 8th, 6:00pm
Place: Chad & Karen's

We need signups for the following:
  • Soup -
  • Main dish 1 - Chad & Karen will do a main dish
  • Main dish 2 -
  • Side dish 1 -
  • Side dish 2 -
  • Dessert -
  • Drinks -
  • Cups & Plates -

Need recipe ideas? Check out the Asian Fusion recipes on Food Network, Asian Society's Asia Food, Asian All Recipes, Bite of Asia, or the Gusty Gourmet.

Also, check out the "informal poll" posting and give some feedback for springtime club ideas! One of the ideas mentioned is baking for the local fire dept. - our church is doing a local baked goods drive for firefighters on 3/25 and 6/24 this spring. Contact Karen for details if you want to donate.

6 Comments:

  • I'll bring some veggie sushi. If I'm up for the challenge, I might also try the non-veggie variety. ;)

    This should take care of either the other main dish or a side dish (I guess?)

    By Blogger Kristi, at 3/21/2006 12:51 PM  

  • Count the veggie sushi as a side dish. That leaves one more main dish, a soup, cups & plates, and dessert. Fun times!

    By Blogger Karen, at 3/22/2006 9:41 AM  

  • I will bring the other main dish.

    By Blogger Rejane, at 3/31/2006 1:17 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/04/2006 2:24 PM  

  • Michael & Toni signed up to bring dessert!

    Remaining items we need for Heidi, Phil, Rose, and Bryan if any of you guys can make it:
    -soup
    -plates
    -cups

    By Blogger Karen, at 4/04/2006 2:26 PM  

  • Dang it! If I had just responded a couple hours earlier, I could've been the plates and cups guy! (And sorry for not signing up sooner--I didn't realize that cooking club time was already upon us!) Oh well...I've got a couple Asian soup recipes I've been eyeing, and I suppose there's no time like the present!

    See you Saturday!
    --Phil
    P.S. I don't know about Heidi--I know she was in Virginia, but I don't know when she'll be back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/05/2006 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home