Ragamuffin Cooking Club

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

February Gathering

The 16th Ragamuffin Cooking Club is hereby announced!

Theme: Mardi Gras! (Cajun / Creole)
Date & Time: Saturday, February 17th, 6:30pm
Place: Chad & Karen's

We need signups for the following (note, my suggestions are not necessary, just ideas!):

  • Main Dish 1 - jumbalaya - Chad & Karen
  • Main Dish 2 - (gumbo? shrimp creole? chicken etouffee?) -
  • Main / side / other grub (Po'Boys? alligator sausage? turtle soup? crawfish?) -
  • Side Dish 1 - Macque Choux (spicy corn) - Michael & Rebekah
  • Side Dish 2 - (red beans & rice w/ andouille?) -
  • Dessert 1 - White Chocolate Bread Pudding - Michael & Toni
  • Dessert 2 - (beignets? king cake? pralines?) -
  • Drinks -
  • After-dinner coffee - Chicory! (also available at supermarkets) -

As mentioned before, we have a cookbook from the famed Gumbo Shop restaurant in New Orleans and have linked a few possible recipes above. (Can you tell we like N'awlins cuisine?!) Good New Orleans music will be supplied! Bring your recipes. Beads are optional. :)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Put me down for chicken etouffee, and wish me luck!

    Heather

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/07/2007 10:03 AM  

  • I am going to try the red beans & rice w/ andouille.. you may be getting a call... (what does chopped really mean?!) :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/08/2007 6:03 PM  

  • Jessica says she'll bring beignets!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/11/2007 5:43 PM  

  • I'll bring non-alcoholic beverages (cause I'm poor/cheap!!!) and a surprise when I find a recepe I want to try. I realize I am really pushing it to the wire here, but what can I say?!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/12/2007 2:46 PM  

  • I will bring alcoholic beverages, spirits, happy juice, whatever you want to call it!

    Phil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2007 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home